Error updating the password file android samba fileshare


I fixed my problem by putting in my smb servers domain name (which was 'home') and it got the green light on my 'external storages' config where they were red after upgrading from 12.02 to 12.03.

thanks Today I've installed the script (https://sourceforge.net/projects/smbwebclient/files/) on my server and had also no problems to access files using SMB.

It seems that there is another issue with the external mount configuration dialog itself. @r3pek Thanks for the hint but I tried it with and without a domain name, I used an ip address, the servers short and FQDN name, I've written the server name in upper and lower case, etc., etc. I tested it all the same way j-ed did with 'smbclient' via the command line and it all passed.

@r3pek Thanks for the hint but I tried it with and without a domain name, I used an ip address, the servers short and FQDN name, I've written the server name in upper and lower case, etc., etc. I fixed my problem by putting in my smb servers domain name (which was 'home') and it got the green light on my 'external storages' config where they were red after upgrading from 12.02 to 12.03.

On top of the external mount screen the message "Verbindung zum Server verloren" (lost connection to server) is shown for a short moment.